Provider training series
The Medicare Risk Adjustment Regulatory Compliance team at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield team developed the following two provider training series titled:
Medicare risk adjustment and documentation guidance (general)
Series: Offered the first Wednesday of each month from 1 to 2 p.m. Eastern time
Learning objective: Provide an overview of Medicare Risk Adjustment, including the Risk Adjustment Factor and the Hierarchical Condition Category (HCC) Model, with guidance on medical record documentation and coding.
Credits: This live activity, Medicare Risk Adjustment and Documentation Guidance, offered from December 5, 2018, through December 4, 2019, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 1.00 prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Registration: Those interested in joining us to learn how providers play a critical role in facilitating the risk adjustment process should register for one of the monthly training sessions at the link below:
Medicare Risk Adjustment, Documentation and Coding Guidance (condition specific)
Series: Offered bimonthly on the fourth Wednesday from noon to 1 p.m. (ET)
Learning Objective: Collaborative learning event with Enhanced Personal Health Care (EPHC) to provide in-depth disease information pertaining to specific conditions, including an overview of their corresponding hierarchical condition categories (HCC), with guidance on documentation and coding.
Credits: This Live series activity, Medicare Risk Adjustment, Documentation and Coding Guidance, from January 23, 2019, to November 27, 2019, has been reviewed and is acceptable for credit by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Registration: For those interested in joining us for this six-part training series, please see the list of topics and scheduled training dates below:
- Red flag HCCs, part one — Register for recording of live session. Training will cover HCCs most commonly reported in error as identified by CMS: chronic kidney disease (stage 5), ischemic or unspecified stroke, cerebral hemorrhage, aspiration and specified bacterial pneumonias, unstable angina and other acute ischemic heart disease, end-stage liver disease. Recording will play upon registration. https://antheminc.cosocloud.com/e4i5k4h7cf3j/event/registration.html.
- Red flag HCCs, part two — Register for recording of live session. Training will cover HCCs most commonly reported in error as identified by CMS: atherosclerosis of the extremities with ulceration or gangrene, myasthenia gravis/myoneural disorders and Guillain-Barre syndrome, drug/alcohol psychosis, lung and other severe cancers, diabetes with ophthalmologic or unspecified manifestation. Recording will play upon registration. https://antheminc.cosocloud.com/enfndbyedd5g/event/event_info.html.
- Opioids and more: Substance Abuse and Dependence — Recording will play upon registration. https://antheminc.cosocloud.com/ekx3tooh22f7/event/registration.html.
- Acute, chronic and status conditions — Recording will play upon registration. https://antheminc.cosocloud.com/eeq7am1fht49/event/registration.html.
- Diabetes Mellitus and Other Metabolic Disorders — Recording will play upon registration. https://antheminc.cosocloud.com/egjswhu5fv73/event/registration.html.
- Behavioral health — Recording will be available in early December and will play upon registration. https://antheminc.cosocloud.com/p5ss84h25ww/.
December 2019 Anthem Provider News - Kentucky