Disease Management can help you care for patients with chronic health care needs
Disease Management programs are designed to assist PCPs and specialists in caring for members with chronic health care needs. Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medicaid provides members with continuous education on self-management, assistance in connecting to community resources, and coordination of care by a team of highly qualified professionals whose goal is to create a system of seamless health care interventions and communications for members.
Who is eligible?
Disease Management case managers provide support to members with:
- Behavioral health conditions such as depression, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and substance use disorder.
- Heart conditions such as congestive heart failure, coronary artery disease and hypertension.
- Pulmonary conditions such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Our case managers use member-centric motivational interviewing to identify and address health risks such as tobacco use and obesity to improve condition-specific outcomes. Interventions are rooted in evidence-based clinical practice guidelines from recognized sources. We implement continuous improvement strategies to increase evaluation, management and health outcomes.
We welcome your referrals. To refer a member to Disease Management:
- Call 1-888-830-4300 to speak directly to one of our team members.
- Fill out the Disease Management Referral Form located on the provider website and fax it to 1-888-762-3199 or submit electronically via the Availity Portal.
Your input and partnership are valued. Once your patient is enrolled, you will be notified by the assigned Disease Management case manager. You can also access your patient’s Disease Management care plan, goals and progress at any time via the Availity Portal through Patient360.
We are happy to answer any questions. Our registered nurse case managers are available Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. local time, and our confidential voicemail is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
April 2020 Anthem Provider News - Kentucky