Updates to AIM Musculoskeletal Program Joint Surgery Clinical Appropriateness Guidelines*
These updates relate to the criteria in the following sections:
- Hip arthroplasty
- Knee arthroscopy and open procedures
- Shoulder arthroplasty including the removal of the indication for subacromial impingement with rotator cuff tear
As a reminder, ordering and servicing providers may submit prior authorization requests to AIM in one of several ways:
- Access AIM’s ProviderPortalSM directly at providerportal.com. Online access is available 24/7 to process orders in real-time, and is the fastest and most convenient way to request authorization.
- Access AIM via the Availity Web Portal at availity.com.
- Call the AIM Contact Center toll-free number: 800-554-0580, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. ET.
For questions related to guidelines, please contact AIM via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, you may access and download a copy of the current and upcoming guidelines here.
May 2020 Anthem Provider News - Indiana