Remaining members will transition to new PBM, IngenioRx, on January 1, 2020
As a reminder, most day-to-day pharmacy experiences will not be affected:
- Members will continue to use their prescription drug benefits as they always have, getting their medications using a retail pharmacy, home delivery, or specialty pharmacy.
- Current home delivery and specialty pharmacy prescriptions and prior authorizations will transfer automatically to IngenioRx when a member transitions, with the exception of controlled substances and compound drugs (see more below).
- If you use ePrescribing and are sending home delivery or specialty pharmacy prescriptions, simply select IngenioRx after your patient has transitioned.
- If you do not use ePrescribing, send home delivery and specialty pharmacy prescriptions to IngenioRx after your patient has transitioned (see contact information below).
- Members will continue to use the same drug list.
Frequently Asked Questions
When can I expect my patients to transition to IngenioRx?
Most Anthem members have already transitioned to IngenioRx. The remaining members will be transitioned on January 1, 2020.
Do providers need to take any action?
Federal law does not allow prescriptions for controlled substances or compound drugs to be automatically transferred to another pharmacy, so providers with patients using these medications will need to send a new prescription to IngenioRx after they’ve transitioned.
Will my patients be notified of this change?
Anthem will notify members before they transition to IngenioRx. Members currently filling home delivery and specialty pharmacy medications will be notified by mail.
How will a provider know if an Anthem member has moved to IngenioRx?
Availity displays member PBM information under the patient information section as part of the eligibility and benefits inquiry. We have enhanced this section of Availity to indicate when a member has moved to IngenioRx. Availity includes the name of the PBM and date the member moved to IngenioRx, or the date the member is scheduled to move to IngenioRx.
How will specialty drugs be transitioned?
Specialty pharmacy prescriptions and prior authorizations will automatically transfer to IngenioRx. In addition, the IngenioRx Care Team will call members to introduce them to IngenioRx and discuss the medications they take.
How do I submit prescriptions to IngenioRx?
If you use ePrescribing and are sending home delivery or specialty pharmacy prescriptions, simply select IngenioRx in your ePrescribing system.
What phone number should I call with questions?
For questions, contact the Provider Service phone number on the back of your patient’s ID card.
November 2019 Anthem Provider News - Indiana