New Hoosier Care Connect contract starting April 2021
The Hoosier Care Connect program coordinates benefits and services to address the physical, behavioral, medical and social needs of our members who have complex, chronic conditions, as well as preventive and comprehensive coordinated care with the goal of:
- Improving quality outcomes and consistency of care across delivery systems.
- Ensuring member choice, protections and access.
- Coordinating care across the care continuum.
- Providing flexible person-centered care.
- Increasing member engagement in the management and treatment of their conditions.
With our renewed contract to continue serving Hoosier Care Connect recipients beginning April 1, 2021, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Anthem) is excited to introduce a number of enhancements in support of you, our dedicated providers, and our members, the patients you serve every day delivering quality healthcare and improving their health and well-being.
Member ID card
One of the changes you may notice is the new member ID card for Hoosier Care Connect members. We reissued new ID cards to all our Hoosier Care Connect members. The new ID card now only contains the State RID (Recipient Identification) beginning April 1, 2021. This will help streamline the method of identification and eligibility of our Hoosier Care Connect members. We have also added the alpha prefix to the front of the ID card. That prefix is YRH. When filing claims, please use the alpha prefix YRH immediately followed by the member’s State RID. Do not use a space between YRH and the State RID.
We have also changed the Pharmacy Help Desk number, located on the back of your patients’ ID card. The new number is 1-844-916-3653. This is the number pharmacies will use if they need assistance with any of your patients’ medications.
In preparation for the launch of the new Hoosier Care Connect contract, we have also introduced several new incentive programs for our providers. The new incentive programs include:
- Smoking Cessation Provider Incentive Program: encourages providers to provide smoking cessation counseling to members who use tobacco, including referring them to Indiana’s Tobacco Quitline.
- Behavioral Health Provider Incentive Program: rewards providers for Follow-Up After Emergency Department Visit for Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse or Dependency (FUA) and Follow-Up After Hospitalization for Mental Illness (FUH).
- Obstetrics Prenatal Incentive Program: incentivizes provider groups who meet certain benchmarks for deliveries and completion of prenatal visits.
- Food Insecurity Provider Incentive Program: incentivizes providers to identify and assist members with food insecurity needs.
- Housing Insecurity Incentive Program: incentivizes providers to identify and assist our members with housing insecurity needs.
At Anthem, we know your primary focus is on taking care of your patients and making sure they get the care they need when they need it. That’s why we have created new programs and benefits that support the important work you do, day in and day out. These services include:
- Behavioral Health Crisis Line: available 24/7
- Suicide Prevention Outreach Team (SPOT): for adolescent young adults at high risk for suicide
As part of the new Hoosier Care Connect program, we are also offering many new cost-free extra benefits to assist you in helping enhance the health of our members, your patients:
- $75 in Healthy Lifestyle Aid
- $75 in enhanced vision benefits
- Gym memberships or home fitness kits
- $50 in exercise equipment
- Youth and adult hygiene kit vouchers
- Asthma and COPD catalogue
- $100 in gas cards for eligible members in rural locations
- Job and skills training
- Savings account gift card
- Medical alert jewelry
- Caregiver toolkit
Most extra benefits are available through the Benefit Rewards Hub. Your patients can log in or register online at anthem.com/inmedicaid. They can also call Member Services at 1-844-284-1797. Extra benefits offered by Anthem are limited to certain members and may change or end at any time.
If you have questions about this communication or need assistance with any other item, contact your local Network Relations consultant or call Provider Services at:
- Hoosier Healthwise — 1-866-408-6132
- Healthy Indiana Plan — 1-844-533-1995
- Hoosier Care Connect — 1-844-284-1798
Thank you for being dedicated to serving our members. We value our partnership with you and are grateful to you for providing our members with quality care.
March 2021 Anthem Provider News - Indiana