It is CAHPS survey time!
Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS®) is an annual standardized survey conducted between February and May to assess consumers’ experience with their providers and health plan. A random sample of your adult or child patients may receive the survey.
More than half of the questions used for scoring are directly impacted by providers. These questions are:
- When you needed care right way, how often did you get care as soon as you needed?
- How often did you get an appointment for a check-up or routine care as soon as you needed?
- How often was it easy to get the care, tests, or treatment you needed?
- How often did you get an appointment to see a specialist as soon as you needed?
- How often did your personal doctor seem informed and up-to-date about the care you got from other doctors or other health providers?
- How would you rate your personal doctor?
- How would you rate the specialist you see most often?
- How would you rate all your healthcare in the last six months?
Interested in how you can improve CAHPS performance?
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield offers an online course for providers and office staff designed to learn how to improve communication skills, build patient trust and commitment, and expand your knowledge of the CAHPS survey. The Improving the Patient Experience course is available at no cost and is eligible for one continuing medical education (CME) credit by the American Academy of Family Physicians. It can be accessed at mydiversepatients.com.
March 2022 Anthem Provider News - Indiana