Important information about utilization management
You can request a free copy of our UM criteria from our Medical Management department. Providers can discuss a UM denial decision with a physician reviewer by calling us toll-free at the numbers listed below. You can access UM criteria online at the web address listed above.
We are staffed with clinical professionals who coordinate our members’ care and are available 24/7 to accept precertification requests. Secured voicemail is available during off-business hours. A clinical professional will return your call within the next business day. Our staff will identify themselves by name, title, and organization name when initiating or returning calls regarding UM issues.
You can submit precertification requests by:
- Submitting online at:
- Availity Essentials:* availity.com
- Calling our Provider Helpline at:
- Hoosier Healthwise: 866‑408‑6132
- Healthy Indiana Plan: 844‑533‑1995
- Hoosier Care Connect: 844‑284‑1798
- Faxing us at:
- Inpatient medical fax: 866-406-2803
- Outpatient medical fax: 866-406-2803
- Pharmacy fax (retail): 844-864-7860
- Medical injectable: 888-209-7838
- Behavioral health inpatient fax: 844-452-8074
- Behavioral health outpatient fax: 844-456-2698
Have questions about utilization decisions or the UM process?
Call us at the Provider Helpline listed above, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
March 2023 Anthem Provider News - Indiana