Complex Case Management program
Managing healthcare can be an especially daunting task for some patients. It can be difficult to know how to obtain essential resources for treatment, or who to contact with questions and concerns.
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield is available to offer assistance through our Complex Case Management program. Our care managers are part of an interdisciplinary team of clinicians and other resource professionals working to support members, families, PMPs, and caregivers. Our Complex Case Management process uses the experience and expertise of our Case Coordination team to educate and empower our members by increasing self-management skills. It can also help members understand their condition and learn about care choices to ensure they have access to quality, efficient healthcare.
Members or caregivers can refer themselves or family members by calling the Member Services number located on the back of their ID card. They will be transferred to a care manager based on their immediate need. Physicians can refer their patients by contacting us telephonically or through electronic means. We can help with transitions across levels of care so that patients and caregivers are better prepared and informed about healthcare decisions and goals.
You can contact us by phone at:
- Hoosier Healthwise: 866‑408‑6132
- Healthy Indiana Plan: 844‑533‑1995
- Hoosier Care Connect: 844‑284‑1798
Our Complex Case Management business hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET.
The Complex Case Management team provides the following services:
- Assists members in establishing a medical, dental, or behavioral health home, and educates them on the value of prevention and wellness.
- Provides education to members with a new diagnosis and supports them in acquiring prescribed medical equipment to support their treatment plan.
- Assists members with smoking cessation/reduction through education and connection to local resources to achieve healthier living.
- Provides support, education, and resources to high-risk OB populations to support the reduction of infant mortality, prematurity, and low birth weight.
- Assesses for desire and readiness to connect our non-English speaking population to English as a second language classes and other support resources to enhance their cultural experience in Indiana.
Complex Case Management is a member-centric program, which promotes autonomy, healthy living, ease of utilizing their benefits, and much more.
March 2023 Anthem Provider News - Indiana