Complex Case Management program
Managing illness can be a daunting task for our members. It is not always easy to understand test results, know how to obtain essential resources for treatment, or who to contact with questions and concerns.
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield is available to offer assistance in these difficult moments with our Complex Case Management program. Our care managers are part of an interdisciplinary team of clinicians and other resource professionals working to support members, families, PMPs, and caregivers. The complex case management process uses the experience and expertise of the Case Coordination team to educate and empower our members by increasing self-management skills. It can also help members understand their illnesses and learn about care choices to ensure they have access to quality, efficient healthcare.
Members or caregivers can refer themselves or family members by calling the Member Services number located on the back of their ID card. They will be transferred to a care manager based on the immediate need. Physicians can refer their patients by contacting us telephonically or through electronic means. We can help with transitions across levels of care so that patients and caregivers are better prepared and informed about healthcare decisions and goals.
You can contact us by phone at:
- Hoosier Healthwise: 866‑408‑6132
- Healthy Indiana Plan: 844‑533‑1995
- Hoosier Care Connect: 844‑284‑1798
Case Management business hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time.
The Case Management team provides the following services:
- Assist members in establishing a medical, dental, or behavioral health home, and educate on value of prevention and wellness.
- Provide education to members with a new diagnosis and support them in acquiring prescribed medical equipment to support their treatment plan.
- Assist members with smoking cessation/reduction through education and connection to local resources to achieve healthier living.
- Provide support, education, and resources to high-risk OB populations to support the reduction of infant mortality, prematurity, and low birthweight.
- Assess for desire and readiness to connect our non-English speaking population to ESL classes and other support resources to enhance their cultural experience in Indiana.
Case Management is a member centric program, which promotes autonomy, healthy living, ease of utilizing their benefits, and much more.
July 2021 Anthem Provider News - Indiana