CAHPS is an annual standardized survey conducted from January to May to assess consumers’ experience with their provider and health plan. A random sample of your adult and child patients may get the survey. Providers directly impact the majority of questions used for scoring.
These questions are:
- When you needed care right way, how often did you get it?
- How often did you get an appointment for a check-up or routine care as soon as you needed it?
- How often was it easy to get the care, tests, or treatment you needed?
- How often did you get an appointment to see a specialist as soon as you needed it?
- How often did your personal doctor seem informed and up-to-date about the care you got from other health providers?
- How would you rate your primary care doctor?
- How would you rate the specialist you see most often?
- To learn more about CAHPS and how you can improve the patient experience, review the CAHPS Overview training by visiting com/inmedicaiddoc.
CAHPS® is a registered trademark of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).
March 2021 Anthem Provider News - Indiana