Anthem electronic attachments - X12 275 5010
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Anthem) and Availity Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) is excited to announce the X12 275 5010 version of electronic attachments transactions for claims functionality is now available for you.
The X12 275 5010 version of electronic attachments transactions for claims will:
- Bring value to you by eliminating the need for mailing paper records.
- Electronic acknowledgment provides a transaction audit trail – proof of delivery/receipt.
- Reduces administrative cost associated with manual processing
- Save time waiting for paper correspondents
This new functionality includes both solicited and unsolicited attachments.
- Solicited Attachment – Documentation submitted in response to a specific request.
- Unsolicited Attachment – Documentation is known to be needed and submitted at the same time as the claim.
How to send a 275 transaction
Your practice management software or billing service/clearinghouse must have the ability to send a 275. We encourage you to have a conversation with them to determine their ability to set up the X12 275 attachment transaction capabilities.
Where to find help
The new EDI batch process, X12 275 5010v Companion Guide, assists with specific attachment requirements and enables providers to electronically submit attachments based on your business needs.
The companion guide can be download at: anthem.com/edi
Availity documentation can be found at: availity.com
Use the “Availity Welcome Application” below to begin the process of connecting to the Availity EDI Gateway for your Anthem EDI transmissions.
EDI Welcome App: apps.availity.com/web/welcome/#/
For questions, contact Availity Client Services at 1-800-Availity (1-800-282-4548) for assistance Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern time.
August 2020 Anthem Provider News - Indiana