Add supporting documents directly to your claims with the new Claims Status Send Attachments feature
Digital claims attachments expedite claims processing and payment. That’s why we have been hard at work making the digital attachment process easier, more intuitive and streamlined. Now you can add attachments directly to your claim by using the new Send Attachments feature from the Claims Status application on Availity.com.
Submitting attachments electronically:
- Reduces costs associated with manual submission.
- Reduces errors associated with matching the claim when attachments are submitted manually.
- Reduces delays in payments.
- Saves time because there is no need to copy, fax, or mail.
- Reduces the exchange of unnecessary member information and personal health information.
Didn’t submit your attachment with your claim? No problem!
If you submitted your claim through EDI using the 837, and the PWK segment contains the Attachment Control Number, there are three options for submitting attachments:
- Through the Attachments Dashboard Inbox:
- From availity.com select the Claims & Payments tab to access Attachments – New and your Attachments Dashboard Inbox
- Through the 275 attachment:
- Important: You must populate the PWK segment on the 837 with your document control number to ensure the claim can match to the attachment
- Through the Availity.com application:
- From Availity.com, select the Claims & Payments tab to access Claims Status to locate your claim. When you have found your claim, use the Send Attachments button.
If you submitted your claim through the Availity Essentials application:
- Simply submit your attachment with your claim
- If you need to add additional attachments, to add a forgotten attachment, or for claims adjustments:
- From Availity.com, select the Claims & Payments tab and access Claims Status to locate your claim. When you have found your claim, use the Send Attachments button.
Learn more about the Send Attachment feature
In collaboration with Availity Essentials, we will hold a series of educational webinars that include a deep dive into EDI attachment submissions, as well as the new Claims Status workflow.
August 2022 Anthem Provider News - Indiana