2020 Medicare risk adjustment provider trainings
The Medicare Risk Adjustment Regulatory Compliance team at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield offers two provider training programs regarding Medicare risk adjustment and documentation guidelines. Information for each training is outlined below.
Medicare Risk Adjustment and Documentation Guidance (general)
When: This training is offered the first Wednesday of each month from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. ET.
Learning objective: This onboarding training will provide an overview of Medicare risk adjustment, including the risk adjustment factor and the hierarchical condition category (HCC) model with guidance on medical record documentation and coding.
Credits: This live activity, Medicare Risk Adjustment and Documentation Guidance, from January 8, 2020, to December 2, 2020, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to one prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
For those interested in joining us, register for one of the monthly training sessions at the link below:
Note: Dates may be modified due to holiday scheduling.
Medicare Risk Adjustment, Documentation and Coding Guidance (condition specific)
When: This training is offered on the third Wednesday of every other month from noon to 1 p.m. ET.
Learning objective: This is a collaborative learning event with Enhanced Personal Health Care to provide in-depth disease information training pertaining to specific conditions, including an overview of their corresponding HCCs and guidance on documentation and coding.
Credits: An application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending.
For those interested in joining us for this six-part training series, please see the list of topics and scheduled training dates below:
- Session 1: Red flag HCCs, part one — January 15, 2020 Training will cover HCCs most commonly reported in error as identified by CMS, including chronic kidney disease (stage five), ischemic or unspecified stroke, cerebral hemorrhage, aspiration and specified bacterial pneumonias, unstable angina, other acute ischemic heart disease, and end-stage liver disease.
- Session 2: Red flag HCCs,part two — March 18, 2020 Training will cover HCCs most commonly reported in error as identified by CMS, including atherosclerosis of the extremities with ulceration or gangrene, myasthenia gravis/myoneural disorders and Guillain-Barre syndrome, drug/alcohol psychosis, lung and other severe cancers, and diabetes with ophthalmologic or unspecified manifestation.
- Session 3: Neoplasms — May 20, 2020
- Session 4: Acute, chronic and status conditions — July 15, 2020
- Event info: https://antheminc.webex.com/antheminc/onstage/g.php?MTID=ed7adf53b5ed42dfd49654713106235bb
- Session 5: Diabetes mellitus and other metabolic disorders — September 16, 2020
- Session 6: TBD (This Medicare risk adjustment webinar will cover the critical topics and updates that surface during the year.) — November 18, 2020
January 2020 Anthem Provider News - Indiana