Updates to AIM Specialty Health Cardiac Clinical Appropriateness Guidelines
Evaluation of patients with cardiac arrhythmias:
- Updated repeat transthoracic echocardiography (TTE) criteria.
- Added restrictions for patients whose initial echocardiogram shows no evidence of structural heart disease, and follow-up echocardiography is not appropriate for ongoing management of arrhythmia.
Evaluation of signs, symptoms or abnormal testing:
- Added restrictions for TTE in evaluation of palpitation and lightheadedness based on literature.
Diagnostic coronary angiography:
- Updated criteria to evaluate patients with suspected congenital coronary artery anomalies.
- Access AIM’s ProviderPortalSM directly at providerportal.com.
- Online access is available 24/7 to process orders in real-time, and is the fastest and most convenient way to request authorization.
- Access AIM via the Availity* Portal at availity.com.
- Call the AIM Contact Center toll free at 800-714-0040 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST
For questions related to guidelines, please contact AIM via email at email@example.com. Additionally, you may access and download a copy of the current and upcoming guidelines here.
January 2021 Anthem Provider News - Georgia