Updates to AIM Radiation Oncology clinical appropriateness guideline
- Special Treatment Procedure
- Removed IV requirement for chemotherapy
- CNS cancer:
- IMRT for Glioblastomas, other gliomas and metastases: Eliminated the 3D plan comparison requirement. Same change for high-grade and low-grade gliomas.
- IMRT for Metastatic Brain Lesions: Added hippocampal sparing whole brain radiotherapy indication
- Lung cancer:
- Eliminated the plan comparison requirement for IMRT to treat stage III non-small cell lung cancer.
- SBRT: Removed “due to a medical contraindication” language
- SBRT: Added “as an alternative to surgical resection” to Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy
- Adjusted fractionation maximum for curative treatment of non-small cell lung cancer up to 35 treatments of thoracic radiotherapy.
Proton Beam therapy
- Added new indication for hepatocellular carcinoma and intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma
As a reminder, ordering and servicing providers may submit prior authorization requests to AIM in one of several ways:
- Access AIM’s ProviderPortalSM directly at providerportal.com. Online access is available 24/7 to process orders in real-time, and is the fastest and most convenient way to request authorization.
- Access AIM via the Availity Web Portal at availity.com
- Call the AIM Contact Center toll-free number: 866-714-1103, Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. ET.
For questions related to guidelines, please contact AIM via email at email@example.com. Additionally, you may access and download a copy of the current and upcoming guidelines here.
December 2020 Anthem Provider News - Georgia