Updates to AIM Musculoskeletal Program clinical appropriateness guidelines
Joint Surgery Updates by section:
- Added steroid injection for all joints exclusion based on panel recommendation
- Added exclusions for use of xenografts or biologic scaffold for augmentation or bridging reconstruction, use of platelet rich plasma or other biologics and concomitant subacromial decompression
- Removed indication for subacromial impingement with rotator cuff tear
- Added exclusion for steroid injection for joint being replaced within the past 6 weeks
- Added labral tear indication
- Added chondroplasty indication
- Narrowed use of lateral release to lateral compression as a cause for anterior knee pain or chondromalacia patella
- Added a conservative management and advanced osteoarthritis exclusion to patellar compression syndrome section
- Added CPT codes 27425, 27570
Spine Surgery Updates by section:
No criteria changes
Code changes only
- Added CPT codes 0200T, 0201T
As a reminder, ordering and servicing providers may submit prior approval requests to AIM in one of several ways:
- Access AIM’s ProviderPortalSM directly at providerportal.com. Online access is available 24/7 to process orders in real-time, and is the fastest and most convenient way to request authorization.
- Access AIM via the Availity Web Portal at availity.com.
- Call the AIM Contact Center toll-free number: 866-714-1103, Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. ET.
For questions related to guidelines, please contact AIM via email at email@example.com. Additionally, you may access and download a copy of the current and upcoming guidelines here.
February 2020 Anthem Provider News - Georgia