Updates to AIM Cardiology clinical appropriateness guidelines
Evaluation of patients with cardiac arrhythmias
- Updated repeat TTE criteria
- Added restrictions for patients whose initial echocardiogram shows no evidence of structural heart disease, and follow-up echocardiography is not appropriate for ongoing management of arrhythmia.
Evaluation of signs, symptoms, or abnormal testing
- Added restrictions for TTE in evaluation of palpitation and lightheadedness based on literature.
Diagnostic Coronary Angiography
- Updated criteria to evaluate patients with suspected congenital coronary artery anomalies
As a reminder, ordering and servicing providers may submit prior authorization requests to AIM in one of several ways:
- Access AIM’s ProviderPortalSM directly at providerportal.com. Online access is available 24/7 to process orders in real-time, and is the fastest and most convenient way to request authorization.
- Access AIM via the Availity Web Portal at availity.com
- Call the AIM Contact Center toll-free number: 866-714-1103, Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. ET.
For questions related to guidelines, please contact AIM via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, you may access and download a copy of the current and upcoming guidelines here.
December 2020 Anthem Provider News - Georgia