Update: 2019 risk adjustment provider training
The Medicare Risk Adjustment Regulatory Compliance team at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield offers two provider training programs regarding Medicare risk adjustment guidelines. Information for each training is outlined below. The Medicare Risk Adjustment Regulatory Compliance team developed the following two provider trainings. This update outlines the training series:
Medicare risk adjustment and documentation guidance (general)
When — offered the first Wednesday of each month from December 5, 2018, to November 6, 2019 at 1 to 2 p.m. Eastern time
Learning objective — this training will provide an overview of Medicare Risk Adjustment, including the Risk Adjustment Factor and the Hierarchical Condition Category (HCC) Model, with guidance on medical record documentation and coding.
Credit — this activity has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to one prescribed credit by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
If you are interested in joining us to learn how providers play a critical role in facilitating the risk adjustment process, register for one of the monthly training sessions.
Medicare risk adjustment, documentation and coding guidance
When — offered on the fourth Wednesday of every other month from January 23, 2019 to November 27, 2019 from noon to 1 p.m. Eastern time
Learning objective — this is a collaborative learning event with Enhanced Personal Health Care (EPHC) to provide in-depth disease information pertaining to specific conditions including an overview of their corresponding hierarchical condition categories (HCC), with guidance on documentation and coding.
Credit — this live series activity has been reviewed and is acceptable for credit by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
For those interested in joining us for this six-part training series, please see the list of topics and scheduled training dates below:
- Red flag HCCs, part one — Register for recording of live session. Training will cover HCCs most commonly reported in error as identified by CMS: chronic kidney disease (stage 5), ischemic or unspecified stroke, cerebral hemorrhage, aspiration and specified bacterial pneumonias, unstable angina and other acute ischemic heart disease, and end-stage liver disease. Recording will play upon registration.
- Red Flag HCCs, part two — Register for recording of live session. Training will cover HCCs most commonly reported in error as identified by CMS: atherosclerosis of the extremities with ulceration or gangrene, myasthenia gravis/myoneural disorders and Guillain-Barre syndrome, drug/alcohol psychosis, lung and other severe cancers, and diabetes with ophthalmologic or unspecified manifestation. Recording will play upon registration.
- Opioids and more: substance abuse and dependence — Recording will play upon registration.
- Acute, chronic and status conditions — Recording will play upon registration.
- Diabetes mellitus and other metabolic disorders — September 25, 2019. Register.
- Behavioral health — November 27, 2019. Register.
October 2019 Provider News