Streamlined workflow for solicited medical attachments
The Medical Attachments feature makes submitting electronic documentation in support of a claim simple and streamlined. You can use your tax identification number (TIN) or your NPI to register and submit solicited (requested by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Georgia) medical record attachments.
Our solicited Medical Attachments feature supports an unlimited number of document attachments for each submission, and can handle .tiff, .jpg and .pdf attachments. Once your office receives a letter requesting additional documentation, you can send up to 10 attachments through the portal for each claim. The maximum file size is 10MB per attachment and file sizes larger than 10MB can be split into smaller ones.
How to access solicited Medical Attachments for your office
Availity Admin, complete these steps:
From My Account Dashboard, select Enrollments Center>Medical Attachments Setup, follow the prompts and complete the following sections:
- Select Application>choose Medical Attachments Registration
- Provider Management>Select Organization from the drop-down. Add NPIs and/or Tax IDs Multiples can be added separated by spaces or semi-colons
- Assign user access by checking the box in front of the user’s name. Users may be removed by unchecking their name
Using Medical Attachments
Availity User, complete these steps:
- Log in to availity.com
- Select Claims and Payments > Medical Attachments >Send Attachment tab
- Complete all required fields on the form
- Attach supporting documentation
- Select Submit
To access additional training for this Availity feature:
- Log in to the Availity Portal at availity.com
- At the top of any Availity portal page, choose Help and Training > Get Trained (Make sure you do not have a pop-up blocker turned on or the next page may not open.)
- In the catalog, click Sessions.
- Scroll through Your Calendar to view the upcoming live events.
Tuesday, 08/14/2018, 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET
Wednesday, 08/29/2018, 12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m. ET
You can also search the ALC Catalog by a special keyword set up just for you. The keyword is MEDATT.
August 2018 BCBSGa Provider Newsletter