REMINDER: Post-service reviews using AIM
To help prevent delays in claim processing and post-service reviews, ordering providers submit pre-service request to AIM in one of the following ways:
- Access AIM ProviderPortal directly at providerportal.com available 24/7 to process orders in real-time
- Access AIM via the Availity web portal at availity.com
As a reminder, AIM reviews the following services for clinical appropriateness:
- Advanced diagnostic imaging
- Cardiology tests and procedures (e.g. MPI, echocardiography, PCI, cardiac catheterization)
- Medical oncology treatments through the Cancer Care Quality Program
- Radiation oncology treatments (e.g. IMRT, brachytherapy)
- Sleep testing, treatment and supplies
- Genetic testing
- Musculoskeletal (e.g., spine and joint surgeries, pain management)
- Rehabilitative services (physical, speech and occupational therapy)
- Surgical Site of Care (e.g., gastroenterology, other surgeries will be implemented which will be communicated via Provider News)
Services performed in an emergency or inpatient setting are excluded from AIM programs.
This update applies to local fully-insured Anthem members and members who are covered under a self-insured (ASO) benefit plan, with services medically managed by AIM. It does not apply to BlueCard, Medicare Advantage, Medicaid, Medicare Supplement, and Federal Employee Program (FEP).
For more information please contact the phone number on the back of the member ID card.
November 2020 Anthem Provider News - Georgia