Reducing the burden of medical record review and improving health outcomes with HEDIS ECDS reporting
The HEDIS® Electronic Clinical Data Systems (ECDS) reporting methodology encourages the exchange of the information needed to provide high-quality health-care services.
The ECDS Reporting Standard provides a method to collect, and report structured electronic clinical data for HEDIS quality measurement and improvement.
Benefits to providers:
- Reduced burden of medical record review for quality reporting
- Improved health outcomes and care quality due to greater insights for more specific patient-centered care
ECDS reporting is part of the National Committee for Quality Assurance’s (NCQA) larger strategy to enable a Digital Quality System and is aligned with the industry’s move to digital measures.
Learn more about NCQA’s digital quality system and what it means to you and your practice, at the following link: https://www.ncqa.org/hedis/the-future-of-hedis/hedis-electronic-clinical-data-system-ecds-reporting/.
The first publicly reported measure using the HEDIS ECDS Reporting Standard is the Prenatal Immunization Status (PRS) measure. In 2022, NCQA will include the PRS measure in Health Plan Ratings for Medicaid and Commercial plans for measurement year 2021.
For HEDIS measurement year 2022, the following measures can be reported using ECDS:
- Childhood Immunization Status (CIS-E)*
- Immunizations for Adolescents (IMA-E)*
- Breast Cancer Screening (BCS-E)
- Colorectal Cancer Screening (COL-E)
- Follow-Up Care for Children Prescribed ADHD Medication (ADD-E)
- Metabolic Monitoring for Children and Adolescents on Antipsychotics (APM-E)*
- Depression Screening and Follow-Up for Adolescents and Adults (DSF-E)
- Utilization of the PHQ-9 to Monitor Depression Symptoms for Adolescents and Adults (DMS-E)
- Depression Remission or Response for Adolescents and Adults (DRR-E)
- Unhealthy Alcohol Use Screening and Follow-Up (ASF-E)
- Adult Immunization Status (AIS-E)
- Prenatal Immunization Status (PRS-E) (Accreditation measure for 2021)
- Prenatal Depression Screening and Follow-Up (PND-E)
- Postpartum Depression Screening and Follow-Up (PDS-E)
January 2022 Anthem Provider News - Georgia