New! Concierge Cancer Care program for Georgia Federal Employee Program members
The FEP Concierge Cancer Care program helps members along each step of their cancer journey by providing support and resources to navigate the healthcare system. The program’s team of compassionate and caring professionals will review member treatment options, answer their questions, check in along the way, and take as much of the burden off them and their primary medical oncology team as possible, allowing members to focus on their health and recovery. Concierge Cancer Care program includes:
- Virtual second opinion: The program makes it easy for newly diagnosed cancer patients’ records to be shared with additional oncologists for review.
- Access to clinical trials: The program matches members with clinical trials when appropriate and ensures they have timely access to the selected program, alleviating the financial barriers to participating, such as transportation and lodging for a member and guest; the only member costs are standard medical plan copays and deductibles.
- Partnership with Centers of Excellence across the U.S.
- Remote monitoring technology: Tytocare handheld exam kits allow Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Anthem) LiveHealth Online healthcare providers to provide round-the-clock support triaging symptoms and side effects — accessing members’ vital signs and performing remote physical exams, potentially decreasing the need for stressful visits emergency or urgent care visits and avoiding exposure while members are immuno-compromised.
- End-to-end support: Program staff stay connected with members during every step, ensuring they know what to expect.
Georgia FEP members will receive a call or email from The Clinic-Cleveland Clinic to allow the member to opt in or opt out of a virtual second opinion.
Learn more about how the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Service Benefit Plan, aka Federal Employee Program (FEP) is communicating this benefit to members in Georgia.
July 2022 Anthem Provider News - Georgia