New back pain management program effective July 19, 2021
The program will be utilizing predictive analytic models to identify members that are experiencing back pain or are at risk for complications related to back pain conditions. This early identification allows our program to target members who could experience an increase in back pain without the right education and support.
Our targeting management process includes:
- Predictive models for members likely to be referred for back surgery based on several risk factors
- Risk stratification to ensure the appropriate level of support is provided
- Targeted outreach to members through our digital engagement platform, email and calls
- Customized education and support of provider treatments based on member’s specific needs
- Education and support of services such as behavioral health as appropriate
Members included in the new program
All fully insured members currently participating in AIM and Anthem programs are included. The following groups are excluded: self-funded (ASO) groups, Medicare Advantage, Medicaid, Medicare, Medicare supplement, MA EGR, Federal Employee Program® (FEP®).
The AIM back pain management program microsite helps you learn more and access helpful information and tools such as program information and FAQs.
AIM back pain program Informational webinars
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield invites you to take advantage of a free informational webinar that will introduce you to the program. Go to the AIM back pain management program microsite to register for an upcoming webinar.
We value your participation in our network and look forward to working with you to help improve the health of our members.
June 2021 Anthem Provider News - Georgia