Good news! Non-payment remittance advice enhancements coming soon
- Non-payment number display in the Check Number and Check/EFT Number fields:
- Current - Today, there are two sets of numbers for the same remittance advice. The paper remittance displays 10 bytes (9999999999 or 99########) and the corresponding 835 (ERA) displays 27 bytes (9999999999 – [year] #############).
- Enhancement - The updated numbering sequence for the paper remittance and corresponding 835 (ERA) will contain the same ten-digit number beginning with 9 (9XXXXXXXXX). Each non-payment remittance issued will be assigned a unique number.
- Searching for non-payment remittance:
- Current - When using Remit Inquiry, the search field requires a date range and tax ID to locate a specific remittance due to same number scenario being used for every non-payment remittance.
- Enhancement - Once the unique ERA non-payment remittance number is available, it can be entered in the check number field in Remit Inquiry. This new way of assigning check numbers will provide a faster and simplified process to find the specific remittance.
The way your organization receives remittances and payments is not changing; we have simply enhanced the numbering for the non-pay remittances. These changes will not impact previously issued non-payment remittance advices. We’ll provide further information before this change is implemented.
October 2021 Anthem Provider News - Georgia