Streamline workflow with medical attachments tool
Has your office received a request for additional information to process a claim for an Anthem member? Those records can be submitted electronically using the Medical Attachments feature in your Availity claims processing portal.
The Medical Attachments feature makes submitting electronic documentation in support of a claim simple and streamlined. You can use your tax identification number (TIN) or your NPI to register and submit solicited (requested by Anthem) medical record attachments through the Availity Portal.
How to access/setup the solicited medical attachments tool for your office
Availity Administrators must complete these steps:
- From My Account Dashboard, select Enrollments Center > Medical Attachments Setup, follow the prompts and complete the following sections:
- Select Application > choose Medical Attachments Registration
- Provider Management > Select Organization from the drop-down. Add NPIs and/or tax IDs. Multiples can be added separated by spaces or semi-colons.
- Assign user access by checking the box in front of the user’s name. Users may be removed by unchecking their name.
Submitting medical attachments
Once the above setup is completed, Availity Users will complete these steps:
- Log in to www.availity.com
- Select Claims and Payments > Medical Attachments > Send Attachment Tab
- Complete all required fields of the form
- Attach supporting documentation
To access additional training for this Availity feature:
- Log in to the Availity Portal at www.availity.com
- At the top of any Availity portal page, click Help and Training > Get Trained (Make sure you do not have a pop-up blocker turned on or the next page may not open.)
- In the new window a list of available topics will open. Locate and click Medical Attachments.
- Under the Recordings section, click View Recording
Need more information?
For more information, contact the Provider Call Center.
January 2019 Anthem Connecticut Provider Newsletter