Many Anthem members received new ID numbers effective January 1, 2020
It is very important to ask all Anthem members for their current ID cards when they present at your office. Many members were assigned new ID numbers effective January 1, 2020, and all affected members were provided either a new paper ID card or a digital ID card in late December 2019. We understand some of these affected members may be presenting with their former ID cards that are no longer valid for 2020 dates of service. To help ensure claims are processed appropriately, here is some helpful information.
- Ask to see the member’s current ID card at each visit. If the member presents an ID card with an invalid number, they may be carrying their old ID card that expired on December 31, 2019. If the member does not recall receiving a new ID card or they misplaced their ID card, please ask the member to confirm their member ID using one of the following options:
- Log in to their member account on anthem.com
- Use our mobile app called Sydney (formerly Anthem Anywhere) to access their electronic ID card
- Fax or email their most current card from anthem.com or the mobile APP to your office if needed
- Call their member services number
Please note: Claims submitted with an incorrect ID number may be unable to be processed and may be returned for correction and resubmission with the correct ID. Upon receiving the correct ID number from the member, please be sure to submit the claim with the ID number presented exactly as it appears on the ID card. Include both the prefix and the entire number, including any zeroes.
Many Anthem members received new ID numbers effective January 1, 2020 - Connecticut