Interactive Care Reviewer: Anthem’s online prior authorization tool targeted to launch in Q3
Exciting news! We are introducing Interactive Care Reviewer (ICR), Anthem’s online authorization tool for members enrolled in Anthem plans during 3rd quarter 2020. ICR offers a streamlined process to request and check the status of medical and behavioral health inpatient and outpatient procedures.
We’ll provide more information in a future edition of Provider News as well as and Availity News and Announcements regarding the launch of ICR.
What benefits/efficiencies does the ICR provide?
- Receive a comprehensive view of all your prior authorization requests. You have a complete view of all the utilization management requests you submitted online, including the status of your requests and specific views that provide case updates and a copy of associated letters.
- Inquiry capability. Ordering and servicing physicians and facilities can locate information on preauthorization requests for those they are affiliated with, including requests previously submitted via phone, fax and ICR.
- Request and check the status of clinical appeals. You can use ICR to request a clinical appeal for denied authorizations and access letters associated with the appeal.
- Reduces the need to fax. The ICR allows text detail as well as images to be submitted along with the request.
- No additional cost to you. The ICR is a no-cost solution that’s easy to learn and even easier to use.
How will you gain access to ICR?
Get a head start now and ask your Availity administrator to grant you the required ICR role assignment.
- Do you create and submit prior authorization requests?
- Authorization and Referral Request role assignment
- Do you check the status of the case or results of the authorization request?
- Authorization and Referral Inquiry role assignment
Once ICR is available, follow these steps to navigate to ICR through Availity
- Select Patient Registration from Availity’s home page
- Select Authorizations & Referrals
- Select Authorizations (for requests) | Select Auth/Referral Inquiry (for inquiries)
Is there training available?
Yes! You can get a jump-start before the July transition and register for a free webinar. We offer training every month to familiarize new users with ICR features and navigation of the tool. Our next webinar is taking place on July 22, 2020. Register here.
Can’t make it to the webinar?
Follow the steps outlined below to access self-paced videos located on the Custom Learning Center. From Availity’s home page, select Payer Spaces | Anthem tile | Applications | Your Custom Learning Center.
- Select ‘Catalog’ from the menu located on the upper left corner of the Custom Learning Center screen.
- Use the catalog filter and select ‘Interactive Care Reviewer-Online Authorizations’ or ‘Authorizations’ from the Category menu.
- Click Apply then enroll for the courses (videos) you want to view.
- Illustrated reference guides that you can print are located on Custom Learning Center Resources. Select ‘Resources’ from the menu located on the upper left corner of the screen. Use the catalog filter and select ‘Authorizations’ or ‘Interactive Care Reviewer-Online Authorizations’ from the Category menu. Select ‘Download’ to view and/or print the reference guide.
July 2020 Anthem Connecticut Provider News