HEDIS® 2019 starts early February
We will begin requesting medical records in February via a phone call to your office followed by a fax.
The fax will contain:
1) a cover letter with contact information your office can use to contact us if there are any questions;
2) a member list, which includes the member and HEDIS measure(s) the member was selected for; and
3) an instruction sheet listing the details for each HEDIS measure.
As a reminder, under HIPAA, releasing PHI for HEDIS data collection is permitted and does not require patient consent or authorization. HEDIS and release of information is permitted under HIPAA since the disclosure is part of quality assessment and improvement activities [45 CFR 164.506(c) (4)]. For more information, visit www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy.
HEDIS review is time sensitive, so please submit the requested medical records within five (5) business days.
To return the medical record documentation back to us in the recommended 5-day turnaround time, simply choose one of these three options:
- Upload to our secure portal. This is quick and easy. Logon to www.submitrecords.com, enter the password included with your HEDIS Member List and select the files to be uploaded. Once uploaded you will receive a confirmation number to retain for your records
- Send a secure fax to 888-251-2985
- Mail to us via the US Postal Service to:
66 E. Wadsworth Park Drive, Suite 110H
Draper, UT 84020
Please contact your Provider Network Representative to let them know if you have a specific person in your organization that we should contact for HEDIS medical records.
Thank you in advance for your support of HEDIS.
HEDIS® is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
January 2019 Anthem Connecticut Provider Newsletter