Commercial Risk Adjustment (CRA) Reporting Update: 2019 Program Year Progression
As we reported in the May and June newsletters, we are completing our prospective and retrospective reviews for 2019. Prospectively, we intervene to encourage the participation of the members we have identified as appropriate for clinical assessments. Retrospectively, certified coders review medical charts to determine if there are diagnosis codes that have not been reported.
What’s in it for you
- Monthly you’ll receive lists of our members who are your patients to help you reach out to those who may have gaps in care, so they can come in for office visits earlier.
- We’ve heard resoundingly from providers that participation in these programs helps them better evaluate their patients (who are our members) and, as a result, perform more strongly in population health management and gain sharing programs. Many cite that they ask different questions today that allow them to better manage their patients end to end.
- When you see Anthem members and submit assessments, we pay incentives of $50 for a paper submission and $100 for an electronic submission. For additional details on how to earn these incentives and the options available, please contact our CRA Network Education Representative listed below.
What’s in it for your patients
- We have completed monthly postcard campaigns to members with Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliant coverage when we suspect a high risk condition with messaging to encourage the member to call his or her primary care provider (PCP) and schedule an annual checkup. The goal is to get the members in to see their PCPs, so the PCPs have an overall picture of their patients’ health and schedule any screenings that may be needed.
- We will continue these monthly postcard mailings throughout all of 2019 to continue to encourage the members to be seen in your office, which supplements any patient outreach you may be doing as well.
If you have any questions regarding our reporting processes, please contact our CRA Network Education Representative at Alicia.Estrada@anthem.com.
July 2019 Anthem Connecticut Provider News