Coming soon - Interactive Care Reviewer Anthem’s self-service online prior authorization tool
In third quarter 2020, we are launching Interactive Care Reviewer (ICR) Anthem’s online authorization tool for members enrolled in an Anthem plan. ICR offers a streamlined process to request and check the status of medical and behavioral health inpatient and outpatient procedures.
With ICR you can attach and submit clinical notes and supporting images, update cases and request clinical appeals. Additionally, you can look up information on authorization requests that were submitted by phone or fax.
Access ICR through the Availity Portal
Be prepared early and ask your Availity administrator to grant you the required ICR role assignment now.
- Do you create and submit prior authorization requests?
Authorization and Referral Request role assignment
- Do you check the status of the case or results of the authorization request?
Authorization and Referral Inquiry role assignment
When ICR is launched, follow these steps to navigate to the application through Availity:
- Select Patient Registration from Availity’s home page
- Select Authorizations & Referrals
- Select Authorizations (for requests) | Select Auth/Referral Inquiry (for inquiries)
Register for our August ICR webinar
We offer a webinar every month to help familiarize new users with ICR features and navigation of the tool. Our next webinar is taking place on August 18. Register Here
Can’t make it to the webinar?
Follow the steps outlined below to access self-paced videos located on the Custom Learning Center. From Availity’s home page, select Payer Spaces | Anthem tile | Applications | Your Custom Learning Center
- Select Catalog from the menu located on the upper left corner of the Custom Learning Center screen
- Use the catalog filter and select Interactive Care Reviewer-Online Authorizations or Authorizations from the Category menu
- Click Apply then enroll for the courses (videos) you want to view.
Illustrated reference guides that you can print are located on Custom Learning Center Resources. Select Resources from the menu located on the upper left corner of the screen. Use the catalog filter and select Authorizations or Interactive Care Reviewer-Online Authorizations from the Category menu. Select Download to view and/or print the reference guide.
We’ll continue to keep you posted regarding the date ICR will be available for your Anthem patients. The September publication of Provider News will include an article regarding ICR. Additionally, a message will be posted on Availity News and Announcements containing the implementation date.
August 2020 Anthem Connecticut Provider News