Updates to AIM Specialty Health Cardiac Clinical Appropriateness Guidelines
Evaluation of patients with cardiac arrhythmias:
- Updated repeat transthoracic echocardiography (TTE) criteria.
- Added restrictions for patients whose initial echocardiogram shows no evidence of structural heart disease, and follow-up echocardiography is not appropriate for ongoing management of arrhythmia.
Evaluation of signs, symptoms or abnormal testing:
- Added restrictions for TTE in evaluation of palpitation and lightheadedness based on literature.
Diagnostic coronary angiography:
- Updated criteria to evaluate patients with suspected congenital coronary artery anomalies.
- Access AIM’s ProviderPortalSM directly at https://providerportal.com.
- Online access is available 24/7 to process orders in real-time, and is the fastest and most convenient way to request authorization.
- Access AIM via the Availity* Portal at https://www.availity.com. Call the AIM Contact Center toll free at 1-800-714-0040 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
For questions related to guidelines, please contact AIM via email at email@example.com. Additionally, you may access and download a copy of the current and upcoming guidelines here.
* AIM Specialty Health is an independent company providing some utilization review services on behalf of Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Anthem). Availity, LLC is an independent company providing administrative support services on behalf of Anthem.
January 2021 Anthem Provider News and Important Updates -- Colorado