Updates to AIM Advanced Oncologic Imaging Clinical Appropriateness Guideline
- Prostate Cancer: Added criteria for the appropriate use of PET-CT with the radiotracers Axumin and 11-Choline, establishing the position of this test in the care continuum for prostate cancer primarily related to biochemical recurrence
- Neuroendocrine Tumors: Added criteria for the appropriate use of PET-CT with the radiotracer DOTA-TATE, establishing the position of this test in the care continuum for neuroendocrine tumors
As a reminder, ordering and servicing providers may submit pre-certification requests to AIM in one of several ways:
- Access AIM ProviderPortalSM directly at providerportal.com. Online access is available 24/7 to process orders in real-time, and is the fastest and most convenient way to request authorization.
- Access AIM via the Availity Web Portal at availity.com
- Call the AIM Contact Center toll-free number: 877-291-0366, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. MT.
For questions related to guideline updates, please contact AIM via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To access and download a copy of the current guidelines, go to: http://www.aimspecialtyhealth.com/ClinicalGuidelines.html.
August 2019 Anthem Provider News and Important Updates - Colorado