Update: Notice of changes to the AIM Small Joint Surgery Guideline
Effective March 14, 2021, the AIM Small Joint Surgery Guideline has been updated with the following:
- Clarified requirements for imaging reports.
- Removed radiographic requirement for confirmation of lesser toe deformities.
- Ankle arthrodesis and total ankle arthroplasty added as new indications for revision of failed previous reconstructions.
- Removed total ankle arthroplasty requirements for adjacent joint or inflammatory arthritis.
- Clarified contraindications only apply to total ankle arthroplasty.
Providers should continue to submit prior authorization review requests to AIM using one of the following ways:
- Access AIM’s ProviderPortallSM directly at providerportal.com. Online access is available 24/7 to process orders in real-time, and is the fastest and most convenient way to request authorization.
- Access AIM via the Availity Web Portal at availity.com.
- Call the AIM Contact Center toll-free number at 877-291-0366, Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. MT.
For questions, please contact the provider number on the back of the member ID card.
March 2021 Anthem Provider News and Important Updates -- Colorado