Update and Reminder: new Rehabilitative Program effective July 1, 2019
AIM will manage Physical Therapy (PT), Occupational Therapy (OT) and Speech Therapy (ST) medical necessity reviews and will require pre-certification for all outpatient facility and office-based rehabilitative and habilitative services following the initial evaluation. AIM will use the following Anthem Clinical UM Guidelines:
- CG-REHAB-04 Physical Therapy
- CG-REHAB-05 Occupational Therapy
- CG-REHAB-06 Speech-Language Pathology Services
The clinical criteria used for these reviews can be found on our anthem.com Clinical UM Guidelines page. A complete list of CPT codes requiring pre-certification for the AIM Rehabilitative Program is available on the AIM Rehabilitation microsite. There you can access additional helpful information such as order entry checklists and FAQs.
AIM will now begin accepting pre-certification requests on June 24, 2019 for dates of service on and after July 1, 2019. Ordering and servicing providers may submit pre-certification requests to AIM in one of several ways:
- Access AIM’s ProviderPortalSM directly at providerportal.com. Online access is available 24/7 to process orders in real-time, and is the fastest and most convenient way to request authorization.
- Access AIM via the Availity Web Portal at availity.com.
- Call the AIM Contact Center toll-free number: 877-291-0366, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. MT.
Anthem invites you to take advantage of an informational webinar that will introduce you to the Rehabilitative Program and the robust capabilities of the AIM ProviderPortalSM. Visit the AIM Rehab microsite to register for an upcoming training session.
June 2019 Anthem Provider Newsletter - Colorado