New Benefit / Service types added to the Eligibility and Benefits Inquiry tool in the Availity Portal
You may have noticed fairly new additions to Benefit / Service Types that include:
- Medically Related Transportation
- Long Term Care
- Respite Care
- Sleep Study Therapy (found under Diagnostic Medical)
- Allergy Testing
Although there is an extensive list of available Benefit / Service types when submitting an eligibility and benefits request, they vary by payer. Some important points to know about when selecting service type:
- The Benefit / Service type field is populated with the last benefit type you selected.
- If you don’t see a specific benefit in the results, submit a new request and select the specific Benefit / Service type.
- You have the ability to inquire on 50 patients at one time using the “add multiple patients” feature.
In response to your feedback, we have added additional Benefit / Service types to share even more valuable information with you electronically. So if your practice works with one of these new service types, now you will be able to view more detailed information on those services electronically. Check them out today.
“Working with Anthem” webinars
Don’t forget we are also hosting our “Working with Anthem” webinars and this month’s topic will be the Availity Tools and Functionality Overview. We will have a guest presenter providing a live demo. Check out our registration link to register today!
May 2019 Anthem Provider Newsletter - Colorado