Enhancing claims attachment processes through digital applications: Add attachments through Claims Status Inquiry
Submitting attachments electronically is the most efficient way for you to receive your claim payments faster — that’s why we have been hard at work making the digital attachment process easier, more intuitive, and streamlined. We’re preparing to launch an enhancement to the Claims Status Inquiry application that will enable you to submit claims attachments directly to the claim from Availity.com.
Submitting attachments electronically:
- Reduces costs associated with manual submission.
- Reduces errors associated with matching the claim when attachments are submitted manually.
- Reduces delays in payments.
- Saves time: No need to copy, fax, or mail.
- Reduces the exchange of unnecessary member information and too much personal health information sharing.
If your workflow for attachments is through EDI submissions or directly through the Availity application, we have a solution for that.
Didn’t submit your attachment with your claim? No problem!
If you submitted your claim through EDI using the 837, and the PWK segment contains the attachment control number, there are three options for submitting attachments:
- Through the attachments dashboard inbox:
- From Availity.com, select the Claims & Payments tab to access Attachments – New and your Attachments Dashboard Inbox
- Through the 275 attachment:
- Important: You must populate the PWK segment on the 837 with your document control number to ensure the claim can match to the attachment.
- Through the Availity.com application:
- From Availity.com, select the Claims & Payments tab to run a Claims Status Inquiry to locate your claim. When you have found your claim, select the Send Attachments button:
- If you submitted your claim through the Availity application, simply submit your attachment with your claim
- If you need to add additional attachments, to add a forgotten attachment, or for claims adjustments:
- From Availity.com, select the Claims & Payments tab and run a Claims Status Inquiry to locate your claim. When you have found your claim, use the Send Attachments button.
For more information and educational webinars
In collaboration with Availity, we will hold a series of educational webinars that includes a deep dive into EDI attachment submissions, as well as the new Claims Status Inquiry workflow. Sign up today.
July 2022 Anthem Provider News and Important Updates - Colorado